Grilled Rosemary Swordfish



With the recent move, the Mr. and I have been eating a lot more fish. We didn't really eat too much of it at our last base because, well to be honest, when you live in the middle of the desert on top of a mountain range, your fish isn't always that fresh. However, I'm glad to say that with living right off the coast, the fish selection is huge and we haven't purchased one rancid fish fillet yet.



The grocery store here on base has a pretty awesome fish selection. I mean, I was impressed when I saw swordfish but then they got shark and octopus! I've made shark once so far and it was good, I'm still working up to the octopus. Now as for swordfish, we never had it that often, maybe a handful of times and that was due to our grocery store not getting any in, or at least not any that looked fresh. So I was really excited to see it at our new location. I decided that because it was so fresh, I didn't want to drown it out in flavors and found this simple recipe. Trust me, you won't miss the fancy marinade or toppings with this one. I just about inhaled my plate after the first bite.






Recipe adapted from Taste of Home


  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
  • 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 2 (5 oz) swordfish steaks

  1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients; add the swordfish. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1 hour. 
  2. Drain and discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill swordfish, covered, over medium-high heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until fish just turns opaque.

No comments: