Slow-cooker S'mores Cake


 You may not know this about me but I love all things S'mores. ALL things. I have tried various versions of S'mores, I've made them in a microwave, in the over, on the stove, and of course over the fire. I've have S'mores cheesecake, cupcakes, cookies, pastries, Pop-Tarts, you name it. I even have a mini S'mores Christmas tree with mini S'mores snowmen ornaments. Trust me, I'm a fanatic about S'mores and this is definitely a MUST if you are anything like me. ;)


One thing I LOVE about this recipe is how easy it is to put together. There's not a whole heck of a lot of work that you put into this but even if there was, I feel like it would be worth it. This is kind of like a S'mores lava cake mashup. You get all the flavors of S'mores but with this gooey, fudgy center. Mmm! Now one thing I did change in the recipe, and I do it all the time when a cake calls for oil, is I swapped out equal parts natural apple sauce for the oil. Trust me, this is an amazing cake that you don't have to fuss over. I even had leftovers, and after a quick zap in the microwave they were just as good as they were the night I made it.


adapted from A Savory Feast
  • 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
  • 6 tbsp butter, melted
  • 1 (15.25 oz) box chocolate cake mix
  • Water, egg and oil as directed on cake mix box
  • 1 (12 oz) bag chocolate chips
  • 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
  1. Grease a slow cooker.
  2. In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, and butter. Mix until well blended.
  3. Press the graham cracker crust down evenly in the bottom of the slow cooker.
  4. Mix the cake mix according to the directions on the box. Add 1/2 of the chocolate chips.
  5. Pour the cake mixture into the slow cooker.
  6. Cook on high for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
  7. Top with marshmallows and the remaining chocolate chips. Let melt before serving.

No comments: