Cheesy Broccoli Dip


One of the things I like to do on the weekend is make dip. The weekends are our time to unwind and either play games, watch movies, or catch up on our shows. I tend to get bored with the same stuff, so I'm always trying new recipes that are not only easy to make, but not horribly bad for you. So, when I saw this dip that had broccoli in it, I knew I had to give it a try.



While I liked the sound of the original recipe I found online, there were a lot of things that I wanted to change about it. I wanted more broccoli, less fat, and I wasn't going to go out of my way to buy special seasonings that I'd never use again. I'm definitely glad I made the changes because I loved this dish. It was hearty, warm, and delicious. I served it with a loaf of french bread and just used a knife to spread it on.



3 cup broccoli florets, chopped small
1 (8 oz) 1/3 less fat cream cheese
1 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese (not the stuff in a container)
1/2 cup Colby jack cheese, shredded
1/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/8 tsp. oregano
1/8 tsp. thyme
pinch of cayenne
fresh cracked pepper, to taste





  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly oil a 9-inch baking dish or coat with nonstick spray.
  2. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, 1/4 cup Colby jack cheese, yogurt, Parmesan, milk, and seasonings. Stir in the broccoli.
  3. Spread broccoli mixture into the prepared baking dish; sprinkle with remaining Colby jack cheese. Place into oven and bake until bubbly, about 30 minutes.
  4. Serve immediately.

No comments: