You can make this vegetarian and usually I do, by omitting the sausage. It just so happened that I had breakfast sausage and I wanted to use it up. I love to eat mine with hot sauce on top and even ate the left overs without a tortilla and just added ketchup and it was delicious. This is a really hearty and filling meal.
This makes enough for 4
- 1 plantain, chopped into small chunks
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 c. turkey sausage or 4 patties chopped
- 4 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. coriander
- 1 c. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 tortillas
- 3 Tbsp. oil
- Whisk eggs, milk and garlic salt in a bowl until combined.
- In a large skillet over medium heat add 1 Tbsp oil. Add egg mixture and cook, you want scrambled eggs. Remove eggs into a medium sized bowl and wipe out the skillet if you have chunks of egg stuck to the sides or bottom.
- Add another Tbsp of oil into the skillet over medium heat and add sausage and cook for about 5 minutes. Remove meat but try to keep as much grease and oil in the pan and place the meat into the bowl with the eggs.
- Add the last Tbsp of oil into the same large skillet over medium heat. Add the plantains and onion and cook until the plantains are tender, about 10 minutes. Add the cumin and coriander and mix to evenly season.
- Add the rest of the ingredients back into the large skillet to warm up and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Assemble your burritos with the cheddar cheese and enjoy.
This blog is submitted in:
Motivate Me Monday
Just Something I Whipped Up Monday