When I usually have beef stroganoff it usually comes from the frozen section of the grocery store. I don't know why but I never thought to make it at home. Now, I don't know if I can ever go back to that frozen stuff again. This was super easy to make with barely any fuss in the kitchen and a very minimal clean up afterward. the meat comes out to be very tender and it holds all of the flavors of the sauce from cooking all day. The Worcestershire sauce and sour cream adds a slight tanginess to it but it is balanced out with the cream cheese. I found that if you cube the cream cheese before adding it to the slow cooker it will help it melt faster and there will be less of a chance of there being pockets of cream cheese in your sauce. If by chance you cannot find golden mushroom soup, cream of mushroom will work just as well.
- 1 lb cubed beef stew meat
- 1 (10 oz) can low sodium condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1/4 c. water
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 5 button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 oz fat free cream cheese, cubed
- 2 Tbsp. dry white wine
- 1 Tbsp. fat free sour cream
- 1 lb whole wheat egg noodles
- In a slow cooker mix meat, soup, water, onion, garlic, mushrooms, Worcestershire sauce and wine. Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Cook noodles according to package, drain and set aside.
- Stir in cream cheese and sour cream just before serving. Salt and pepper to taste. Spoon the meat sauce over the noodles and serve hot.
This post is submitted in
Made By You Monday
Whatever You Want Wednesday
Creative Share Blog Hop