Pumpkin Spice Creamer



Okay, I know that fall hasn't "officially" started, but c'mon, school's started back up, the local pools are closed, and it's starting to cool down. I don't know about you, but to me, that means fall is upon us. And if I'm being completely honest, I break out my fall decor the moment it hits September. The Mr. always looks at me like I'm nuts but to me, September is the start of fall, regardless of the day. Plus, I miss the seasons! I've lived in an area where it's sunny and warm all year round for over 5 years now. So, sue me if I break out my metal pumpkin decor, my artificial maple leaf branches, and start putting pumpkin in everything.



 Which leads me to this beauty. With the temperatures no longer in the "I'm melting" range, I find myself drinking more coffee and less tea. I love creamers but I hate the ingredients in them. I mean, have you ever read the back of those suckers? Vegetable oil... in my coffee?! No, no thank you. So, I've been trying fancier (and more expensive) creamers that are all natural. However, they have a TON of sugar in them. Which is probably why it tastes oh so good. I also wasn't a huge fan that it was dairy milk since I'm slightly allergic to dairy and try to limit it when I can so that I can enjoy cheese when I want to.  ;) So, I found some non-dairy creamer that was made with almond  and coconut milk. Well, let's just say that was not the route to go. It left this weird aftertaste in my mouth and I wound up dumping the rest of it, and my cup of coffee, down the drain. So, needless to say, I'm in the market for a good creamer that's natural, non-dairy, and delicious. Thankfully this one foots the bill.



Now I know everyone goes nuts over fancy pumpkin lattes from a particular coffee shop. I know I've had to have one at some point but it doesn't stand out to me. So, I cannot in good conscious say this is just as good as that since I don't have anything to compare it to. What I can say is that it tastes like I blended a piece of pumpkin pie in my coffee. You can smell the spices the moment you pick up your cup, and you can not only taste the spices in the coffee but you can taste the pumpkin, too. Plus, the pumpkin adds a bit of creaminess that my usual coffee lacks. I honestly can't believe it's taken me this long to make my own creamer. It's so easy to make. I just put it all in my small personal blender, blended it up, poured what I wanted in my cup, and then put the rest in a mason jar for later. Seriously, put down that gross coffee creamer and start making your own!



  • 1/4 cup pure pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
  • 1 1/2 cups milk (I used cashew milk but any milk works)
  • 2 tsp. sugar (I used coconut sugar)
  • 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract

  1. Add all the ingredients together in a blender and blend until smooth.
  2. Transfer the creamer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator. Shake before using.


No comments: