Curry Pinapple Chicken Fried Rice

 


Long time no see. It's been a while since I've uploaded a recipe. It's not that I haven't been cooking, because I have. I've just not been paying attention to my measurements, and just kind of winging it in the kitchen. However, I want to share some interesting dishes that I've been making. So without further ado, let's get to it!


This is a super simple dish to make. While the rice is cooking in the rice cooker, I cooked the rest of the dish. What I really loved about this dish is that, aside for the rice, everything is cooking in one pan. It took about half an hour to make from start to finish. However, don't let the quick cooking time fool you. This fried rice is packed with flavor due to the spices and pineapple. So, if you're in need of a quick and flavorful dish, give this one a try!

 



  • ½ lb. ground chicken/turkey
  • 1 tbsp. olive oil
  • 2 tsp. curry powder
  • 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
  • ½ tsp. ground ginger
  • 20 oz. can pineapple chunks (packed in juice, not syrup)
  • 3 cups cooked rice (cook the rice in chicken stock)
  • 1 cup diced carrots
  • 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
  • salt and pepper to taste after cooking

 

  1. Place the carrots in a large skillet with olive oil and cook for about 5 minutes until it starts to get soft. Add the chicken/turkey, spices, and pineapple juice (reserve the pineapple chunks for later) 
  2. While the meat cooks, mix the cooked rice, carrots and zucchini in a large mixing bowl. When the meat is done mix that in along with the pineapple and serve. Top with sriracha for more spice.

No comments: